Since 1979, Tru-Cut has been the leading independent designer and manufacturer of steel rule dies serving the Intermountain West. Today, Tru-Cut designs and manufactures customized rotary and flat steel rule dies and offers a full line of finishing services, including die cutting, foil stamping/embossing, folding/gluing, trimming, and specialty work. Tru-Cut also manufactures highly customized crating products and provides high-tolerance laser and CNC cutting services. Our customers include medical device companies, commercial printers, advertising agencies, greeting card companies, corrugated and packaging companies, and the new inventor. At Tru-Cut, we pride ourselves on having the knowledge, passion, and expertise necessary to handle the most challenging of projects.
Tru-Cut was founded in 1979 by two brothers, Stan and Kevin Ball, early innovators in the steel diemaking industry. Stan and Kevin set the highest standard of quality workmanship, and created a team of diemakers who took pride in their work. Tru-Cut quickly developed the knowledge and expertise necessary to handle the most challenging of projects, and the company has become a leader in the diemaking industry. Since its founding, Tru-Cut has continually invested in the latest technology and capabilities, so that it can offer its customers the highest quality suite of products at the most competitive prices. Most recently, Tru-Cut doubled its capacity by purchasing a new combination laser for making rotary and flat steel rule dies, moved to a new state-of-the-art facility in Salt Lake City, and acquired the premier, independent post-press finishing services company, Trade Print Finishing. Today, Tru-Cut’s employees, who collectively have over 100 years of experience in the diemaking and finishing services industries, serve thousands of customers across the U.S. on orders both large and small. Tru-Cut’s central location, multitude of capabilities, and commitment to our customers have established Tru-Cut has a leader in the diemaking and finishing industries.
• Comprehensive custom CAD design and sample assistance
• Diemaking (Flat, Foam gasket, Laser cut, Sealing, High rule, Rotary, Clicker)
• Laser Cutting (Wood, Wood etching, Plexiglass, Plexiglass etching)
• Flash Cutting
• Folding-Gluing (Litholam, Straight line, Auto bottom etc. Pocket folder gluing, Expanded pocket folder gluing, Edge and spot gluing)
• Foil stamping and embossing
• Trimming, stripping and related specialty work
• Flood and spot UV coating (Textured, Dull gloss, Glitter, UV on uncoated paper, Profile, Glow in the dark)
• Highly customized crating products